Big Italian Salad Done Correctly!
Big Italian Salad
- 1 clove(s) garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large romaine heart, chopped
- 1 small head of radicchio, halved, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 head(s) of iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 tender celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) pitted green olives, preferably Sicilian
- 8 peperoncini
- 2 ounce(s) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved 1 cup
- 1. In a large bowl, mash the garlic to a paste with a generous pinch of salt. Whisk in the mayonnaise, vinegar and oregano, then whisk in the olive oil. Season with pepper. Add all of the remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve right away.
Provided by: Food&Wine
Posted on August 1, 2014, in Household & Recipes, Lifestyle, Recipes and tagged Big Italian Salad, Big Italian Salad Recipe, Italian Cooking, Italian food, Italian recipes. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Big Italian Salad Done Correctly!.