Midnight Magic Cake AKA Chocolate Cobbler Recipe
I love chocolate and I saw this and new immediately I had to try this. With this recipes, it’s frugal comfort food with easy preparation, so you are never more than 45 minutes to fudgy dark heaven. Even better, on whim it’s a week night desert that can bake while serving dinner. I would recommend this rich concoction of dark chocolate flavor be served with whipped cream, ice cream, or cool whip. Plus, this recipe is flexible, which is always a bonus. If you want to add an egg to the batter go ahead,m or if you do not like nuts, leave them out. Mexican style with Saigon cinnamon added to the sauce mix layer. Serve it with powdered sugar dusted on top. However you decide to make it’s always easy, delicious, fun for the whole family. Can be doubled for use in a casserole dish. This will make you famous at a pot luck.
I saw this disclaimer and I had to leave it.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for blown diets, new years resolutions destroyed, or wardrobe challenges.
Chocolate Cobbler or AKA Midnight Magic Cake
- 1 Cup self Rising Flour or regular plus 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup vanilla sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Dutch process dark Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Milk or half and half cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup sweet ground chocolate and Cocoa
- 1 3/4 Cup hot tap water
- 1 Cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Mix together flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add milk, vanilla, butter, and nuts (if using). Mix well.
- Pour into greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Mix 3/4 Cup brown sugar and 1/4 Cup cocoa together. Sprinkle over batter.
- Pour, very slowly, hot tap water over dry mixture and batter.
- Bake in 350° oven for forty to forty five minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and serve up-side down drizzling with chocolate sauce from pan.
Posted on July 1, 2014, in Household & Recipes, Recipes and tagged baking recipes, cake recipes, chocolate cake, dark chocolate flavor, delicious recipes, fudge, fudgy delight, Midnight Magic Cake AKA Chocolate Cobbler, Midnight Magic Cake recipe, powdered sugar, recipe, recipes, week night, whipped cream. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Midnight Magic Cake AKA Chocolate Cobbler Recipe.