Recipe: Creamy Zucchini & Sausage Pasta Salad
This is my personal recipe for a creamy zucchini and summer sausage pasta salad.
- 16 oz rainbow rotelle pasta or uncooked elbow pasta
- 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups (1 small) zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 package of turkey sausage or a summer sausage, sliced
- 1 package (2 cups) Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of large black olives, sliced
- 2 cans of Ro-Tel original
- 24 ounces of sour cream
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise (Hellman’s)
- 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cheddar ranch dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic & oil from Spice World minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Romano/Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta. Rinse and chill.
Prepare the salad dressing as follows:
In a large bowl, empty complete container of sour cream into a large bowl.
Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
Use a fork and whip the sour cream and cheese till they are one.
Drain throughly the Ro-Tel tomatoes, saving ALL the liquid. Add to sour cream mixture.
Add: Onions, mayonnaise, red wine, cheddar ranch dressing, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder and minced garlic. Stir. Add .
Mix in pasta. Add remaining items, except Romano/Parmesan cheese & Croutons. Stir. Refrigerate.